- 18 kingprawns, Shells removed and devained
- 2 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. garam marsala
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. raw sugar
- olive oil
This simple spice mix is great with a variety of seafood. It can be used as a dry rub or mixed with olive oil to make a marinade.
- Combine all spices in a mortar and pestle and grind to a fine powder. More chilli powder can be added if more of a ‘kick’ is preferred.
- Place spice mix into a bowl and add 150ml of olive oil and stir.
- Add peeled and de-veined prawns to the marinade ensuring even coverage, cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes .
- Cook briefly on a bbq hotplate or in a hot pan, and serve with your favourite garlic aioli and a cold beer!!!!