- 10 slices of day-old (stale bread)
- 500g headless green prawns- peeled, cleaned and tails removed
- 1/4 bunch of chives chopped
- 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2teaspoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup white sesame seeds
- Pre-heat benchtop deep fryer to 185`celcius.
- Using a food processor blend together prawns, ginger, garlic, chives, soy sauce and salt and pepper into a smooth paste.
- Slice crusts from bread and cut into quarters, Triangles or squares is entirely up to you!
- Spread prawn mixture liberally on one side of the bread pieces to the edges
- Place sesame seeds on a plate and then dip bread, prawn side down, into sesame seeds
- Cook in oil, prawn side down for 1 minute then turn toast using tongs and cook for a further 15-30 seconds or until golden brown
- Serve with sweet soy and fresh chopped chives on top.