- 300g Coffs whiting fillet
- 100g Panko crumbs
- 1 egg
- Splash of milk
- 100g Rocket
- 1 Red capsicum
- Sliced green shallots
- Coriander leaves to taste
- Coriander stems
- Shallot ends
- 1 sliced red chilli
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Roast capsicum over high heat on a naked flame until blistered and black all around
- Remove capsicum from heat and place in a sealed plastic bag to sweat
- Crumb the fresh whiting by dusting in flour, running through an egg mix and then in small portions through the panko crumb and set aside until the oil comes to temperature
- In a mortar and pestle add the coriander stems, shallot white ends, rough chopped chill, oil, salt and pepper and lemon juice, pound and grind away to release the flavour and set aside.
- In a bowl add the rocket or salad leaves, sliced shallots and coriander leaves
- The capsicum can now be released from the bag and peeled by gently running your fingers against the skin to reveal the tasty flesh, slice as you would like and add this to the salad, keeping a little for garnish.
- Add the crumbed whiting to the hot oil in and wait until slightly golden (approx. 1.5 minutes), being careful not to overcook it.
- Remove the cooked whiting from the oil and let drain for a minute
- Add salad dressing to the prepared salad mix
- Plate the salad and place the cooked whiting on top, using the left-over capsicum slices for garnish