- 1 dozen Sydney rock oysters
- 5 Tbsps. bbq sauce
- 2 Tbsps. tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. tobasco sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- cracked pepper
- 3 Tbsps. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon, rind removed and sliced finely
- Remove rind from bacon and slice into matchstick size
- place on an oven tray lined with grease proof paper and bake at 200’c for 8 min, remove from oven and push bacon to one side of the tray, slightly raise end of tray by placing a tea towel underneath side with bacon to remove excess fat, let sit for 10 minutes.
- place drained bacon into a small mixing bowl and add BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, Tabasco, Lime Juice, Worcestershire sauce and cracked pepper. Mix together thoroughly and let mix sit for 5-10 minutes for flavours to “meld”
- Check over fresh oysters to be sure there is no shell fragments and to make sure the oyster is detached from the shell. (this will make it much easier to eat them!)
- Place a generous amount of the mixture on top of each oyster and bake in oven @ 200’c for 8-10 minutes or until bacon goes crisp on top.
- serve with fresh lime wedges and enjoy!!!