- 250g peeled and deveined Eastern Kingprawns (leave tails on)
- wonton patsy (from most Asian food suppliers)
- 6 snow-peas (julienne)
- 40g of chopped pickled ginger
- salt and pepper
- Lay wonton pastries down onto a clean and dry bench
- Place one prawn along the edge of each pastry and season with salt and pepper
- Place a small amount of chopped pickled ginger onto prawn meat
- Place a few strips of julienne snow peas beside the prawn taking care to not leave any hanging out past the pastry (these will burn if left)
- Roll wonton pastry with the prawn, ginger and snow peas inside and wet the edge of the pastry with water to seal.
- Deep fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes until the pastry is crisp and depending on the size of the prawns, (they will continue to cook once removed from the oil)
- Place onto a paper towel to remove excess oil.Try serving with a crispy noodle salad and a sweet chilli plum dipping sauce.